Vasectomy After Care Instructions
Health Care Tips For Quick Vasectomy Recovery
1. Apply an ice bag to the scrotum, alternating 10 minutes on, then 10 minutes off, for the first two hours after the vasectomy. Repeat over the next two days in the evening.
2. Wear athletic supporter or “jockey” shorts for one full week.
3. May take a shower the day after the vasectomy.
4. May take Tylenol for pain, no Aspirin in the first two days after the vasectomy; thereafter may use Aspirin, Advil, or ibuprofen as needed for pain.
5. No strenuous work for one week (do not lift more than 30lbs, do no strenuous exercise).
6. No sexual intercourse for 3 to 4 days after the vasectomy.
7. Sitting in a tub with warm water 4 days after the vasectomy is optional and may improve healing.
8. Return to the office in 3 to 4 weeks for follow-up and further instructions.